LINK UP: The Orchestra MOVES!
in partnership with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Ohio Theatre, 10:00am SOLD OUT & 11:40am, $5
Rossen Milanov, conductor
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra is proud to partner with Carnegie Hall's Weill Music Institute to present LINK UP: The Orchestra Moves! This highly-participatory program for students in grades 3-5 unites the classroom with the concert hall, giving students the opportunity to explore music through a year-long curriculum of classroom activities and then attend a culminating concert where they sing and play recorders with the orchestra from their seats. Teachers may choose from one of three program paths, Basic, Basic+, or Advanced, depending on the level of involvement they would like to have for their students. REGISTRATION FORM
Highlights from Link Up: The Orchestra Rocks - 2017
To watch the Carnegie Hall video about this highly interactive program, click here.
The Orchestra MOVES Repertoire INCLUDES:
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, Op. 61 - Nocturne
- The Marriage of Figaro Overture
- "Toreador" from Carmen
- Symphony No. 5, Mvt. 1 - Beethoven
- The Blue Danube
- $5 per student/adult. For every 20 paid student tickets, schools will receive one complimentary chaperone ticket. Ticket availability is not guaranteed. Reservations will be made on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Registration form or call 614.221.4916 / firstname.lastname@example.org
TICKET PRICE INCLUDES:
- One copy of LINK UP: The Orchestra Moves workbook for each student.
- LINK UP curriculum guide for teachers, featuring lessons on singing, playing the soprano recorder, reading and notating music, and composing and improvising.
- Professional Development session for participating teachers - second workshop date TBD
- Access to Carnegie Hall’s online resource center with additional lessons and resources
TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP - next workshop date TBA
- Participating teachers will be asked to attend an informational session to learn about the LINK UP curriculum and discuss strategies for classroom implementation. (Materials will be distributed at this session.)
- Forms will be available at the workshop for teachers to request PDUs.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact:
Director of Education
Columbus Symphony Orchestra
Special thanks to Music & Arts for their generous support.