LINK UP: The Orchestra ROCKS
in partnership with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Ohio Theatre, 10:00am (SOLD OUT!) & 11:40am, $5
Rossen Milanov, conductor
IT WAS WONDERFUL! THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT ATTENDED OUR TWO LINK UP CONCERTS! SEE YOU IN 2018!
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra is proud to partner with Carnegie Hall's Weill Music Institute to present LINK UP: The Orchestra Rocks. This highly-participatory program for students in grades 3-5 unites the classroom with the concert hall, giving students the opportunity to explore music through a year-long curriculum of classroom activities and then attend a culminating concert where they sing and play recorders with the orchestra from their seats. Teachers may choose from one of three program paths, Basic, Basic+, or Advanced, depending on the level of involvement they would like to have for their students. Registration information below the videos.
Highlights from Link Up: The Orchestra sings - May 2016
To watch the Carnegie Hall video about this highly interactive program, click here.
The Orchestra Rocks Repertoire INCLUDEs:
- "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana
- "Anvil Chorus" from Il trovatore
- "Dance of the Adolescents" from The Rite of Spring
- $5 per student/adult. For every 20 paid student tickets, schools will receive one complimentary chaperone ticket. Ticket availability is not guaranteed. Reservations will be made on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Registration form - available HERE - or call 614.221.4916 / firstname.lastname@example.org
TICKET PRICE INCLUDES:
- One copy of LINK UP: The Orchestra Rocks workbook for each student.
- LINK UP curriculum guide with accompanying CD and DVD for teachers, featuring lessons on singing, playing the soprano recorder, reading and notating music, and composing and improvising.
- Professional Development session for participating teachers. Materials will be distributed at this session.
- Access to Carnegie Hall’s online resource center with additional lessons and resources
TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP:
- Participating teachers will be asked to attend an informational session to learn about the LINK UP curriculum and discuss strategies for classroom implementation. (Materials will be distributed at this session.)
- Recorder training will be provided for those requesting a tutorial.
- Forms will be available at the workshop for teachers to request PDUs.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact:
Director of Education
Columbus Symphony Orchestra
Special thanks to Music & Arts for their generous support.