LINK UP: The Orchestra SINGS!
in partnership with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Ohio Theatre, 10:00 am & 11:40 am
Rossen Milanov, conductor
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra is proud to partner with Carnegie Hall's Weill Music Institute to present LINK UP: The Orchestra Sings! This highly-participatory program for students in grades 3-5 unites the classroom with the concert hall, giving students the opportunity to explore music through a year-long curriculum of classroom activities and then attend a culminating concert where they sing and play recorders with the orchestra from their seats. Teachers may choose from one of three program paths, Basic, Basic+, or Advanced, depending on the level of involvement they would like to have for their students. The Registration Form will be available soon.
Highlights from Link Up: The Orchestra Sings! – 2016
To watch the Carnegie Hall video about this highly interactive program, click here.
The Orchestra SINGS Repertoire INCLUDES:
- "New World" Symphony – Dvořák
- Firebird Suite Finale
- "Ode to Joy" – Beethoven
- $5 per student/adult. For every 20 paid student tickets, schools will receive one complimentary chaperone ticket. Ticket availability is not guaranteed. Reservations will be made on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Registration form (available soon) or call 614.221.4916 / firstname.lastname@example.org
TICKET PRICE INCLUDES:
- LINK UP curriculum guide for teachers, featuring lessons on singing, playing the soprano recorder, reading and notating music, and composing and improvising.
- Professional Development session for participating teachers
- Access to Carnegie Hall’s online resource center with additional lessons and resources
TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
- Participating teachers will be asked to attend an informational session to learn about the LINK UP curriculum and discuss strategies for classroom implementation.
- Forms will be available at the workshop for teachers to request PDUs.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact:
Director of Education
Columbus Symphony Orchestra
Special thanks to Music & Arts for their generous support.