25TH ANNUAL MUSIC EDUCATOR AWARDS
Established in 1997, the Columbus Symphony’s Music Educator Awards recognize those individuals who instill and inspire a love of music in the children and adults of central Ohio. The purpose of these annual awards is to promote a greater understanding of and appreciation for music education, as well as to honor those individuals who are making a real difference in our community through their dedication to music education. One award is honored in each of the following categories:
* Elementary - General Music, Chorus, or Instrumental educators who primarily work with grades K-6.
* Secondary - General Music, Chorus, or Instrumental educators who primarily work with grades 7-12.
* Private/Community - Any professional working within a community-based musical organization or private studio-based educators.
* Lifetime Achievement - Educators that have made significant contributions to music education and to the students of Central Ohio. Must have at least 10 years of teaching or experience to be considered.
Each Music Educator Award winner receives a monetary grant to be spent at their direction for a broad range of music education endeavors, such as purchasing music, instrument repair, or professional development classes for the educator. The nomination process takes place from January 25-March 5. For additional information, please call (614) 221-4916.
2022 Nominations will be accepted starting Monday, January 10th!
2021 MUSIC EDUCATOR AWARD WINNERS
To see a list of past award recipients, CLICK HERE.
2021-2022 MUSIC EDUCATOR CARD
The Columbus Symphony would like to offer each Central Ohio music teacher two free tickets for each Masterworks series during the 2021-2022 season!
How the subscription card works:
* Sign Up for your free subscription card using the link below:
* Present your subscription card at the box office beginning Monday of each concert week to receive two seats in the best available seats.
* Show a school ID to redeem the tickets which you may use for yourself or give to students, family, colleagues, or friends.
* The subscription card is not a one-use card but may be used multiple times throughout the season - one concert per program weekend.
* The subscription card is not transferrable
Music Teachers employed in schools in the following counties are eligible for this offer
Delaware Licking Pickaway
Franklin Maidson Union
** Some restrictions may apply. All tickets are subject to availability