Our mission is to provide symphonic music and educational programs of the highest quality, to engender passion and excitement in our diverse audiences.
Our mission is implemented by:
- Serving our audiences and engaging our communities, recognizing that they are the foundation of a sustainable future for the Columbus Symphony Orchestra;
- Embracing a wide variety of musical styles in order to enhance the experience of the symphonic repertoire through traditional and innovative approaches to programming, format, and venue;
- Expanding youth performance and training opportunities though the Columbus Symphony Youth Orchestras;
- Providing vibrant and imaginative educational programs to diverse audiences of all ages to augment and intensify their experiences with symphonic music;
- Strengthening our involvement with the youth in our communities through partnerships with schools, libraries, teachers, and community programs;
- Committing to maintaining vital partnerships among our musicians, staff, volunteers, and Board members, to promote creativity, enthusiasm, energy, and engagement in order to bring fresh ideas, perspective, and passion to all operations of the Columbus Symphony Orchestra; and,
- Continuing to maintain a financially sustainable organization through prudent financial management and aggressive development, marketing, and fundraising activities.
Board of Trustees
Lisa Barton, Chair - President and COO, AEP Transmission Holding Company Executive Vice President—AEP Transmission, American Electric Power
Robert E. Morrison, Jr., Vice Chair - Senior Vice President – Huntington Bank/Huntington Trust
Alan Litzelfelner, Treasurer - President & CEO—Central Management Co.
Amy Shore, Secretary - President, P&C Exclusive Distribution – Nationwide Insurance
Matthew Allyn, Vice President Origination Midwest & Mid-Atlantic, Infinite Energy, Inc.
Kurt Bendeck, Vice President Corporate Controller, Safelite Group
G. Ross Bridgman, Retired Partner—Vorys, Sater, Seymour & Pease, LLP
Robert Cochran, Retired Partner, PDS Planning, Inc.
Michael P. Foley, SVP Director, PNC Wealth Management
Kenneth M. Freedman, Vice President and General Manager, NBC4/WCMH-TV
Hector Garcia, Senior Counsel, Regulatory Services – American Electric Power
Jack George, Retired Director of Endocrinology, OSU Wexner Medical Center
Marilyn Harris, Community Volunteer
Cindy Hilsheimer, Managing Principal—BeecherHill
Terry Hoppmann, Limited Partner – Edward Jones
Michelle Kerr, President and Chairman – Lightwell
Talvis Love, SVP & Chief Information Officer, Pharmaceutical Segment, EIT – Cardinal Health
Varun Mahajan, Chief Executive Officer, Mahajan Therapeutics
Jane Mattlin, Trustee, Mattlin Foundation; President, Mattlin Company
David Milenthal, Chair, EmpowerSaves
Christine Shumway Mortine, Commercial Pilot CFI CFII MEI; Soprano, Conductor
Gay Su Pinnell, Professor Emeritus – The Ohio State University
Steve Snethkamp, Advisory Partner, Ernst & Young
Michael Weiss, Retired CEO, Express
Nelson Yoder, Principal, Development, Crawford Hoying
Denise Rehg, Executive Director, Columbus Symphony
Jane McKinley, President—Friends of the Columbus Symphony
Lyn Savidge, President—Columbus Symphony League
Karl Pedersen, Member—Orchestra Committee
Betsy Sturdevant, Chair—Orchestra Committee
Ronald A. Pizzuti