LINK UP: The Orchestra Moves!- MAY 19, 2021
in partnership with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra is proud to partner with Carnegie Hall's Weill Music Institute to present LINK UP: The Orchestra Moves! This highly-participatory program for students in grades 3-5 unites the classroom with the concert hall, giving students the opportunity to explore music through a year-long curriculum of classroom activities and then attend a culminating concert where they sing and play recorders with the orchestra from their seats. Teachers may choose from one of three program paths, Basic, Basic+, or Advanced, depending on the level of involvement they would like to have for their students.
Link Up with the Columbus Symphony
To watch the Carnegie Hall video about this highly interactive program, click here.
The Orchestra Moves! Repertoire includes:
- Blue Danube
- "Barcarolle" from The Tales of Hoffman
- Toreador from Carmen
- Symphony No. 5 by Beethoven
- $5 per student/adult. For every 20 paid student tickets, schools will receive one complimentary chaperone ticket. Ticket availability is not guaranteed. Reservations will be made on a first-come/first-served basis.
TICKET PRICE INCLUDES:
- LINK UP resources for students.
- LINK UP curriculum guide for teachers, featuring lessons on singing, playing the soprano recorder, reading and notating music, and composing and improvising.
- Professional Development session for participating teachers (date TBD)
- Access to Carnegie Hall’s online resource center with additional lessons and resources
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact:
Artistic Operations Associate
Columbus Symphony Orchestra
Special thanks to Music & Arts for their generous support.