CSO Fantasy Camp
Sunday, March 10, 2024 1 pm-6 pm | Friends and Family Concert 5 pm
Andres Lopera, conductor
Associate Conductor Andres Lopera and the musicians of the Columbus Symphony Orchestra invite members of the community to sit with their classical music counterparts in a professional rehearsal setting. Approximately 50 amateur musicians will have the opportunity to not only work with a professional musician proficient in their chosen instrument but also rehearse with a professional orchestra as a whole on the stage of the Ohio Theatre. See our video below!
2023-2024 Registration is now open!
Brahms-Academic Festival Overture
Coleridge-Taylor- Petite Suite de Concert
Dvořák-Symphony No. 8
- Must be amateur musicians age 21 or older who are able to read music and play an instrument that is part of the standard orchestra instrumentation.
- Participants will be placed according to registration in available spots for their instrument. No audition is required.
- Accepted participants must submit a $100 participation fee before receiving practice parts or confirmed seating.
- Please email [email protected] with questions.
- Registration is online only. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance via email beginning January 29.
Community musicians who took part in this event told us they most enjoyed...
"This was a life-changing event for me!"
"I loved the momentum of playing through challenging music start to finish. In community orchestras, we deal with a lot of "stop and start" with sectional-type work. Loved playing with a group with the confidence to push ahead and make music!"
"Playing amongst professional musicians (and being able to keep up with the music) and on stage at the Ohio Theatre. What a thrill!..."