Wednesday, March 15, 2023 7PM-9:30 PM
Rossen Milanov, conductor
CSO Music Director Rossen Milanov and the musicians of the Columbus Symphony Orchestra invite members of the community to sit with their classical music counterparts in a professional rehearsal setting. Approximately 50 amateur musicians will have the opportunity to not only work with a professional musician proficient in their chosen instrument but also rehearse with a professional orchestra as a whole on the stage of the Ohio Theatre. See our video below!
Repertoire* Will Include:
Bizet—L'Arlésienne Suite No. 1
Tchaikovsky—Selections from Swan Lake
Rimsky-Korsakov—Dance of the Tumblers from "Snow Maiden"
Prokofiev— "Romeo and Juliet" Suite No. 1
*Subject to change
- Must be amateur musicians age 25 or older that are able to read music and play an instrument that is part of the standard orchestra instrumentation.
- Participants will be placed according to registration in available spots for their instrument. No audition is required.
- Accepted participants must submit a $100 participation fee before receiving practice parts or confirmed seating.
- Please email [email protected] with questions.
- Registration is online only. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance via email beginning January 30.
Community musicians who took part in this event told us they most enjoyed...
"This was a life changing event for me!"
"I loved the momentum of playing through challenging music start to finish. In community orchestras, we deal with a lot of "stop and start" with sectional-type work. Loved playing with a group with the confidence to push ahead and make music!"
"Playing amongst professional musicians (and being able to keep up with the music) and on stage at the Ohio Theatre. What a thrill!..."