LINK UP: The Orchestra SINGS!
Wednesday, May 1, 2024
In partnership with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra is proud to partner with Carnegie Hall's Weill Music Institute to present LINK UP: The Orchestra Rocks! This highly participatory program for students in grades 3-5 unites the classroom with the concert hall, giving students the opportunity to explore music through a year-long curriculum of classroom activities and then attend a culminating concert where they sing and play recorders with the orchestra from their seats. Teachers may choose from one of three program paths, Basic, Basic+, or Advanced, depending on the level of involvement they would like to have for their students.
Link Up with the Columbus Symphony
To watch the Carnegie Hall video about this highly interactive program, click here.
THE ORCHESTRA SINGS! Repertoire includes
* "New World" Symphony by Antonín Dvořák
* "Ode to Joy" by Ludwig van Beethoven
* Finale from Firebird Suite by Igor Stravinsky
* "Oye" Jim Papoulis
* "Ram Troy Maya" by Reena Esmail
* "We Shall Not Be Moved" Traditional, arr. Nathalie Joachim
All seats are $5 and include a student workbook and one teacher guide & concert music. (1 free teacher ticket for every 20 students). Recorders are available to order through the school registration link below for $2.50 apiece.
School Registration: HERE
- LINK UP resources for students.
- LINK UP curriculum guide for teachers, featuring lessons on singing, playing the soprano recorder, reading and notating music, and composing and improvising
- Mandatory Professional Development session for participating teachers: Thursday, November 16, 4:30-6:30pm
- Access to Carnegie Hall’s online resource center with additional lessons and resources
For more information, please contact:
Director of Education