Communications & Marketing MANAGER
Primary Function: The Communications and Marketing Manager assists with day-to-day operations of the Columbus Symphony’s marketing department with a primary focus on patron communications, social media and digital management, email marketing, direct mail, special events, and administrative support to the Vice President of Marketing.
Additional Information: This is a full-time position working approximately 40 hours per week. The selected candidate will be eligible for a benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with up to 5% company match after 6 months, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and complimentary tickets to select CAPA shows.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and implements subscription and single ticket direct mail and email marketing campaigns.
- Composes and implements weekly email messaging to communicate symphony initiatives, activities, and community outreach.
- Coordinates creative for promotional materials including print, digital, tv, radio, outdoor, and direct mail. Submits final creative for placement on or before deadline.
- Creates and manages digital marketing campaigns and initiatives on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to increase engagement.
- Coordinates website updates.
- Coordinates and manages special events before and after concerts such as wine tastings, toy drives, happy hours, patron events, college club events, autograph signing, and mascot appearances.
- Coordinates and manages photo shoots and video recordings for upcoming events.
- Represents organization at events such as the Arts Festival, college arts events, hospital events and other community engagement events.
- Assists in writing scripts, radio, and TV commercials.
- Coordinates emcees and photographers at concerts, assistance with ticket distribution to promotional partners.
- Conducts regular analysis of campaign results to make actionable changes and insure positive ROI’s.
- Manages the creation and content of the Bravo program books, ensuring all books are printed and delivered on or before deadlines.
- Coordinates promotional materials for shows and events. Ensure orders are delivered on or before deadline.
- Coordinates and implements in-house signage and marquee copy.
- Coordinates creation and scheduling of slide and video content for monitors throughout venues, keeping messaging accurate and up to date.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced computer skills required in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Photoshop a plus.
- Working knowledge of AP style writing.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with CMS and website maintenance.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a day-to-day basis.
- Adaptability, creativity, and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Has a sound understanding of the principles of marketing, branding and PR, with a keen visual sense of design standards.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, arts management, public relations, or related field.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Advanced experience in social networking and social media marketing, executing paid and organic campaigns.
- Experience with digital marketing creation, management, and optimization.
- Video creation and/or graphic design experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Tessitura ticketing platform a plus.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Click here to apply.
Special Events/Marketing Intern
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra seeks a Special Events/Marketing Intern to support the marketing department with social media content/website and special event management at Picnic with the Pops. This person should have an interest in music performance, special event management, social media, and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with marketing to develop social media content and messaging for upcoming concerts.
- Understands and ensures the brand and voice of the Symphony in copy and messaging.
- Schedules social media posts.
- Increases social media engagement.
- Schedules and manages all appearances of our mascot Beethoven.
- Assists Picnic with the Pops volunteers with merchandise sales.
- Assists with emcee schedule and on-stage appearances.
- Responsible for all slides/video/Instagram posts running on jumbotron pre-concert and intermission.
- Assists with additional projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts and sales strategy.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and email communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Attention to accuracy and detail on all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Video/photography/graphics skills a plus.
Credentials and Experience
- Current or recent undergraduate student preferred, with focus of study in Marketing or a related field.
- Available onsite for each Picnic with the Pops concerts for event day set-up and execution.
- Advanced computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Must be able to fulfill internship in entirety during the 2021 Picnic with the Pops season (June 2021 - July 2021).
Special Event Information
We are looking for a candidate who can commit to 10-15 hours a week with the ability to work the following concert nights. This is a paid internship at $12/hour. Free parking is included.
- Saturday, June 12
- Saturday, June 19
- Saturday, June 26
- Saturday, July 10
- Saturday, July 17
- Saturday, July 24
- Friday, July 30
- Saturday, July 31
CSO's EEO Statement:
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra (CSO) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CSO does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status.