Special Events/Marketing Intern
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra seeks a Special Events/Marketing Intern to support the marketing department with social media content/website and special event management at Picnic with the Pops. This person should have an interest in music performance, special event management, social media, and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with marketing to develop social media content and messaging for upcoming concerts.
- Understands and ensures the brand and voice of the Symphony in copy and messaging.
- Schedules social media posts.
- Increases social media engagement.
- Schedules and manages all appearances of our mascot Beethoven.
- Assists Picnic with the Pops volunteers with merchandise sales.
- Assists with emcee schedule and on-stage appearances.
- Responsible for all slides/video/Instagram posts running on jumbotron pre-concert and intermission.
- Assists with additional projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts and sales strategy.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and email communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Attention to accuracy and detail on all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Video/photography/graphics skills a plus.
Credentials and Experience
- Current or recent undergraduate student preferred, with focus of study in Marketing or a related field.
- Available onsite for each Picnic with the Pops concerts for event day set-up and execution.
- Advanced computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Must be able to fulfill internship in entirety during the 2021 Picnic with the Pops season (June 2021 - July 2021).
Special Event Information
We are looking for a candidate who can commit to 10-15 hours a week with the ability to work the following concert nights. This is a paid internship at $12/hour. Free parking is included.
- Saturday, June 12
- Saturday, June 19
- Saturday, June 26
- Saturday, July 10
- Saturday, July 17
- Saturday, July 24
- Friday, July 30
- Saturday, July 31
CSO's EEO Statement:
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra (CSO) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CSO does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status.