The Columbus Symphony seeks a part-time Development Assistant to support the Development and Analytics Manager and Symphony staff with initiatives such as Picnic with the Pops corporate sponsorship support and day-to-day development support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with Development staff to coordinate Picnic with the Pops sponsorship mailings.
- Serves as secondary contact for Picnic with the Pops sponsorship inquiries.
- Manages and updates weekly table information, signs and sponsorship perks for outdoor concerts.
- Provides pre-concert administrative support to the event team.
- Available on site at every Picnic with the Pops concert and plays a major role in event-day execution.
- Assists with additional Development projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and email communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Attention to accuracy and detail on all levels.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or a Junior or Senior working towards an undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Advanced computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Must be comfortable on the phone and have a pleasant manner.
- Must be available 10-15 hours/week during the 2020 Picnic with the Pops season (May 2020 - August 2020) including the following concert nights:
- Saturday, June 13
- Saturday, June 20
- Saturday, June 27
- Saturday, July 11
- Saturday, July 18
- Saturday, July 25
- Friday, July 31
- Saturday, August 1