The Columbus Symphony faces a moment of extraordinary opportunity. Columbus is the 14th largest city in America, and as our city continues to grow, so must our relevancy and artistic excellence, which make performances at the Columbus Symphony exciting and unforgettable.
The major focus of the Columbus Symphony’s artistic programming and operations for the next three years is Putting the Star in Columbus. Connecting the orchestra directly to civic priorities, this ambitious initiative combines artistic and audience development with community service, centered on collaborations with artists, community leaders and stakeholders, local arts organizations, and human service organizations.
Inspired by ongoing local initiatives to promote Columbus, the program’s name refers to the star in Columbus’ community brand, symbolizing the initiative’s–and the orchestra’s–deep connections to our city.
Putting the Star in Columbus will contribute to our community’s growing national and international profile and advance Columbus as a destination city and a great place to live and raise a family. The initiative focuses on:
- Bringing international classical superstars to the Columbus Stage like Yo-Yo Ma and Renée Fleming
- Collaborating with Columbus arts organizations to create unique and spectacular programming that redefine the concert experience like the “Il Cannone” Paganini concert
- Developing our local artists and musicians
- Doubling the number of children reached through our growing education programs
- Expanding our outreach to the community’s most vulnerable populations through the innovative approach to community service, Columbus Symphony Cares program