About Friends of the Columbus Symphony
Friends of the Columbus Symphony is committed to youth education, volunteer support and fundraising. The group was formerly known as the Women's Association of the Columbu Symphony. The roots of “Friends” go back to the founding of the Columbus Symphony, when dedicated women played a key role in promoting and garnering support for the orchestra. Today this volunteer group is open to everyone who wishes to help our Symphony flourish.
To enrich musical education, Friends plans hands-on activities preceding family concerts. Each spring, the group provides a cash award to the senior division winner of the Young Musicians' Competition. Friends organizes annual appreciation luncheons and receptions for the musicians, staff and Symphony Chorus.
Four quarterly general membership meetings are held on Saturdays during lunch with a fee charged for food service. Meetings rotate at various venues in the Columbus area and the programs include a Symphony-related speaker or musical performance.
As a Friend, you can participate in
- Our annual musician/staff appreciation luncheon
- Recognizing the Columbus Symphony Chorus with a rehearsal reception
- Children’s activities prior to family concerts
- Conducting backstage tours during rehearsals
- Staffing the Young Musicians’ Competition
- Quarterly General Membership Meetings
- Fundraising events
- Enjoying the camaraderie of other Symphony advocates.
New members are welcomed year round. Annual dues are $40 per individual and $75 per household. See below for membership form.