Artistic Operations Associate
Primary Function: The Artistic Operations Associate is responsible for providing administrative support to the Artistic Department, managing all component of guest artist’s logistics, assisting during productions, and overall and being the “glue” that ensures the artistic elements of CSO performances are successfully planned, implemented, and communicated.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Artistic Department by managing schedules, conducting research, generating reports, providing clear and accurate information, and completing special projects as assigned by the Sr. Director of Artistic Planning and Operation.
- Responsible for all guest artist scheduling, including booking hotels, coordinating travel arrangements, and organizing practice time and stage access.
- Communicate logistical information to guest artist to ensures they have a smooth and enjoyable experience. Remains "on call" to assist guest artists with onsite needs.
- Assist the Music Director, conductors, cover conductors, soloists and composers during rehearsals and performances including maintaining backstage and dressing room areas and fulfilling all hospitality requests.
- Coordinate and provide on-site event management of Masterclasses, CD signings, pre-concert lectures and post-concert events.
- Participate in production meetings and collaborate with artistic and production staff. Assist with production planning by conducting musical research and hiring rehearsals pianists and page turners.
- Manage all paid and complimentary ticket requests for artists, managers, and other guests.
- Share “Concert Duty” with the rest of the Artistic Staff
- Embrace and work to advance the artistic vision of the CSO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the symphony nonprofit organization model
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Awareness of the current field of classical and orchestral pops music
- Knowledge of OPAS a plus
Credentials and Experience
- BA Degree that includes formalized music training.
- Three or more years of related experience performing dutiesas outlined above.
- Ability to utilize standard office software including Microsoft Office. A working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and familiarity with financial documents is required.
- Previous experience in written communication is required.
- Requires flexibility of schedule to accomodate needs of the organization that often include evening and weekend events.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Position Summary: The Columbus Symphony Marketing Department is looking for an audience engagement intern to assist with event marketing as well as in-office marketing responsibilities. This internship is unpaid, around 12 hours per week for 12 weeks, with weekend and evening availability required. You can view the calendar of events here. http://www.columbussymphony.com/events/
- Coordinating and assisting with Columbus Symphony events and performances
- Concert set up, enhancement and volunteer coordination
- Assist in digital and social media initiatives
- Analyze and report on data analytics
- Grassroots distribution of marketing materials
- Relationship building and teamwork within a fast-paced office environment
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Upper level and/or graduate student pursing a degree in Marketing, Arts Management, PR or Music preferred
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts
- Excellent computer skills
- Working knowledge of marketing on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Ability to multi-task
- Professionally represent the Columbus Symphony at concerts and in the community
- Available to work some evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation and a smart phone
- CAPA background check required
What You Will Learn:
- Marketing, social media, and communication strategies
- Analyzing and reporting on digital marketing
- Event coordination and planning
- Relationship building and teamwork
To apply, please email your resume to Holly Wiencek at firstname.lastname@example.org.