Director of Development and Community engagement - Columbus Symphony Orchestra
The Director of Development and community engagement for the Columbus Symphony Orchestra (CSO) is responsible for planning strategies and tactics, and their subsequent implementation, to ensure the meeting of fundraising goals and community engagement. The Director will be responsible for providing oversight and ensuring the successful completion of fundraising campaigns and community engagement activities and events.
Development Duties and Responsibilities
• Track and successfully meet development goals for the CSO.
• Act as an ambassador for the CSO at development functions, receptions, and performances.
• Work closely with the Special Events Manager on the planning and execution of the Gala.
• Manage corporate giving/sponsorship programs for the CSO including the development of prospects, solicitation, coordination and fulfillment.
• Manage annual fund program, including goal setting, solicitation plans, key calls, and materials generation.
• Responsible for stewardship of major individual, corporate and foundation donors as assigned.
• Lead Development Committee.
• Keep the Executive Director informed and apprised of progress and challenges.
• Participation in long-range planning activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Community Engagement Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop new strategies and implementation plans to develop community interaction
• Initiate and steward fundraising efforts to fund engagement activities
• Evaluate, design and implement community engagement programming and resources for greatest impact in alignment with strategic plan
• Maintain project details, budget, and activities metrics
• Coordinate and manage the Columbus Symphony Cares program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Leadership skills, management experience, demonstrated fundraising success, and personal and professional characteristics to achieve success in a world-class, results-oriented organization. Knowledge of comprehensive campaign management. Strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
Credentials and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related discipline. Five years of Fundraising experience.
Requires flexibility of schedule to accommodate needs of the organization. In addition a standard background check will be required.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Intern (Fall)
Position Summary: The Columbus Symphony Marketing Department is looking for an audience engagement intern to assist with event marketing as well as in-office marketing responsibilities. This internship is unpaid, around 12 hours per week for 12 weeks, with weekend and evening availability required. You can view the calendar of events here. http://www.columbussymphony.com/events/
- Coordinating and assisting with Columbus Symphony events and performances
- Concert set up, enhancement and volunteer coordination
- Assist in digital and social media initiatives
- Analyze and report on data analytics
- Grassroots distribution of marketing materials
- Relationship building and teamwork within a fast-paced office environment
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Upper level and/or graduate student pursing a degree in Marketing, Arts Management, PR or Music preferred
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts
- Excellent computer skills
- Working knowledge of marketing on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Ability to multi-task
- Professionally represent the Columbus Symphony at concerts and in the community
- Available to work some evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation and a smart phone
- CAPA background check required
What You Will Learn:
- Marketing, social media, and communication strategies
- Analyzing and reporting on digital marketing
- Event coordination and planning
- Relationship building and teamwork
To apply, please email your resume to Holly Wiencek at email@example.com.