Director of Development
Primary Function: The Director of Development for the Columbus Symphony Orchestra (CSO) is responsible for managing successful completion of a 5-million-dollar annual campaign. The Director will be responsible for planning strategies and tactics, and their subsequent implementation, to ensure the meeting of fundraising goals. The Director will provide oversight and ensuring the successful completion of fundraising campaigns.
Development Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracks and successfully meets development goals for the CSO.
- Acts as an ambassador for the CSO at development functions, receptions, and performances.
- Works closely with the Special Events Manager on the planning and execution of the Gala.
- Manages corporate giving/sponsorship programs for the CSO including the development of prospects, solicitation, coordination and fulfillment.
- Manages annual fund program, including goal setting, solicitation plans, key calls, and materials generation.
- Responsible for stewardship of major individual, corporate and foundation donors as assigned.
- Leads Development Committee.
- Keeps the Executive Director informed and apprised of progress and challenges.
- Participates in long-range planning activities.
- Manages and Directs activity of Donor Relations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fundraising Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs trustee giving program including engaging board members in the solicitation process.
- Acts as major gifts officer for individual donors.
- Creates and manages a sustainable fundraising portfolio.
- Manages the successful completion of a 5-million-dollar annual campaign.
- Stewardship of corporate, foundation and individual donors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leadership skills, management experience, demonstrated fundraising success, and personal and professional characteristics to achieve success in a world-class, results-oriented organization.
- Knowledge of comprehensive campaign management.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related discipline.
- Minimum of Five years of Fundraising experience.
- Requires flexibility of schedule to accommodate needs of the organization.
- In addition, a standard background check will be required.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Marketing Intern (Fall)
Position Summary: The Columbus Symphony Marketing Department is looking for an audience engagement intern to assist with event marketing as well as in-office marketing responsibilities. This internship is unpaid, around 12 hours per week for 12 weeks, with weekend and evening availability required. You can view the calendar of events here. http://www.columbussymphony.com/events/
- Coordinating and assisting with Columbus Symphony events and performances
- Concert set up, enhancement and volunteer coordination
- Assist in digital and social media initiatives
- Analyze and report on data analytics
- Grassroots distribution of marketing materials
- Relationship building and teamwork within a fast-paced office environment
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Upper level and/or graduate student pursing a degree in Marketing, Arts Management, PR or Music preferred
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts
- Excellent computer skills
- Working knowledge of marketing on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Ability to multi-task
- Professionally represent the Columbus Symphony at concerts and in the community
- Available to work some evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation and a smart phone
- CAPA background check required
What You Will Learn:
- Marketing, social media, and communication strategies
- Analyzing and reporting on digital marketing
- Event coordination and planning
- Relationship building and teamwork
To apply, please email your resume to Holly Wiencek at firstname.lastname@example.org.